It has been a while since I worked on the APC's, but I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the final paint job. I used a webcam and a desk lamp, so the quality is far below what I would like, but it's all I have for now.
Update (July 7, 2003): I finally took new pictures. This time I used my flatbed scanner to take them and I'm happier with the quality (especially in the colors).
The actual colors have been distorted by my camera (Update: the new pictures show the correct colors), but I used a olive drab paint (by Ral Partha I think) over a black spray paint base coat. The camouflage was done by painting black spots all over the vehicle and then, once they were dry, painting inside them with leaf green. The skirt around the vehicle and the was left black.
On the second GEV I glued a weapon in front of the commander's hatch. The weapon is an Anti-Aircraft gun off an old WW2 aircraft carrier model. I painted it silver to make it stand out from the rest of the vehicle (figure 2 above).
I'm pretty satisfied with the way these models turned out. On the table they look good next to the rest of my miniatures (see figure 3 below). One thing I discovered when building the Technoids was that a good camouflage paint job can really help these scratch-built models since they tend to be low on sculpted detail (compared to a commercial model).