Crossfire American Battalion
3 companies using figures from Revell's US Infantry (Set 02503),
the ESCI U.S. Paratroopers 82nd box, Airfix US Paratroopers with some
Marines mixed in, IMEX's Easy Company, and just a few ESCI US
- 22 Rifle stands - need 2 more to finish
the current platoons, then 3 more to make the final platoon.
- 4 Anti-tank teams - Bazooka figure and loader/assistant.
- 8 Platoon Commanders - figure with loose chin straps holding
holding Thompson with a handle it doesn't have. Revell US
Paratroopers and US Infantry have more LT figures. Airfix
US Paratrooper set has figures with SMG's.
- 5 FO - One is from the Airfix NATO Ground Crew box. The next
two others are custom made from standing soldiers in the Revel set
— I added a radio in place of their pack and a map in their
hand. Two more come from the Airfix US Paratroops set. Others could
come from the Matchbox American Infantry set and the IMEX Korean War
has observers that would blend in too.
- 3 Company Commanders - Converted a Esci paratrooper to be a CC
and added a soldier standing at attention for his assistant. The
other two come from the Revell US set. Matchbox American Infantry
has one, or the Revel US Paratroopers.
- 3 HMG - M2 HB Browning .50-cal stand from the Revel US Infantry
set. Airfix US Marines HMG used for another stand.
- 2 AT Gun Crew - Mixture of Airfix figures in loading and
supporting poses. Used for the 3-inch guns.
Order of Battle
2 Leg Infantry Companies
3 Platoons (1 PC, 3 Rifle [1 with Bazooka])
- M4 Sherman
- M4A1 76(W) Sherman
- 2 M4A3 76 Shermans